oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Organising the Poms
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:17:17 GMT
Hello folks,

I sent a pull request last night but its also worth discussing on here.

When me an StarchMD were having a chat in Austin, we wanted to sort out
some of the build process and locations.

Personally one of my issues when using OODT is the sheer amount of
dependencies. Clearly most of these are required, but keeping track of the
versions across modules is a pain. The pull request you see here:
https://github.com/apache/oodt/pull/25 addresses that by moving the
versions from the sub modules up to OODT Core so when a version is changed
it is changed in all the submodules. This removes a lot of the duplication
and I believe it makes it easier to see which version is being used.

If there is a requirement to override a specific version of a dependency in
a submodule this can still be done, but it would also be nicer, in my
opinion, just upgrade the main dependency so that all modules rely on the
same version which makes integration a whole lot easier.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Tom