oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC - Week 2
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 21:05:49 GMT
Hi Radu,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Radu Manole <manole.v.radu@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I tried adding a UML diagram on the wiki
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/XMLRPC+uses
> Although I didn't generate it, but created it by hand.
> Any feedback is appreciated.

I've formatted and added feedback on there. Nice work.

> I can see some similarities in the uses, but I didn't yet write a proposal
> for separating XMLRPC from the code.

OK, what are the similarities?

> The most confusing part is the ExecServer. If someone can give some
> details for what is used, it would be great.

First, I would ask you to use one of the IntelliJ or Astah tools to
generate class diagrams for all aspects of the OODT projects which include
XMLRPC functionality. This way the structure and communication is explicit.
Once you've done this, please reply to this thread and we can forward the
conversation.

> And one more question related to it "can't find anywhere is the OODT code
> that the callLocalServerManager method be called".
>

> Neither can I right now. For the time being please progress with the class
diagrams as described above. I will keep searching for this and we can
touch base here once we've located it.
Thanks
Lewis