oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Wong, Cynthia L (398G)" <cynthia.l.w...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Questions about OODT (with a bit of airavata)
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 16:18:25 GMT
Hi, Andrea,

I'm SMAP SDS (Science Data System), SPDM (Science Processing & Data
Management) subsystem development lead.

Please see notes below regarding #1 & #2 questions. Hope this helps. Let
me know if you have specified SMAP/OODT related questions.

Regards,
Cynthia

On 5/18/15 9:52 AM, "Andrea Fonti" <andrea.fonti@altecspace.it> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm currently evaluating available batch processing frameworks and data
>
>products curation frameworks, as a company we plan to build our system on
>open
>
>source technologies but we are facing difficulties in selecting the
>
>technologies stack because all evaluated projects seem to be immature
>
>or lacking documentation.
>

>We are currently evaluating Apache OODT and Apache Airavata, i would like
>
>to ask these questions:
>

>1 - How is OODT employed in SMAP?

SMAP SDS settled and adapted Apache OODT 0.3 three years ago. We leveraged
mostly the CAS components including Crawlers, PGE, File Manger, Workflow
Manager, Resource Manager, and Balance (for web portal). The OODT CAS
framework is utilized We applied Oracle as the database resource. Majority
of the code development focus around extensions, policies, and interfaces
to PGEs.

>2 - Is it possible  request support or access to documentation related to
>
>oodt as early adopters of the SMAP data products?

Are you on the list of early adopters? The SMAP SDS OODT related
documentation is included in design review material that I am not sure if
I can distribute externally. There is not currently how-to documentation.
This team got right into installing and prototyping first then
understanding and extending the source code to meet our specific
requirements.