oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (398M)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: OODT book proposal
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 17:18:03 GMT
Hey Tom, all,

This is a great idea. I think it would help to both disseminate some deep understanding of
OODT as well as how to use it more thoroughly.

Addressing your points:
a) In-depth architectural overview, usage scenario, and configurability guidance for each
component of OODT. Customization/ configuration code examples, especially for the many extension
points across the framework. Also, articulation of undocumented "gotchas" that we developers
know about but new users may not. Plus a little history of OODT would be fun.
b) Definitely count me in to help with the book effort.

Thanks,
Rishi

> On May 20, 2015, at 9:51 AM, Freeborn, Dana J (398G) <dana.j.freeborn@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> This is great.  I would be happy to contribute to the book if my level of experience
with OODT (which is high) is helpful.  It's not clear to me your focus for the book, so you'll
just have to tap me if I can contribute.  Paul and Chris will know if I do.  Otherwise, I
will cheer on your efforts.  :-)