oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Re: OODT book proposal
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 18:14:07 GMT
Thanks for the feedback guys.

The chat I had with the chap was certainly around a full book as I have to
pitch 9 - 14 chapters. He did say they are trying to move away from generic
platform books so I think pitching it in the style of a look at all the
main components and heavy on the real world how-to and use cases would be
the way I'm tending to go along with a load of stuff on the value of
metadata etc.

We discussed use case ideas and I went over some of the crazy NASA stuff
which he said I should include and also a bunch of real world use
cases(smart meters/regulatory compliance application and stuff from my day
job), but of course, you lot don't live in the real world so you'll have to
leave that to me ;)

On 1.0 I'm sure it will come out during the time we would spend writing a
book.

I'll come back with a draft toc tonight or tomorrow and those interested
can add their 10 cents.

Tom