oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Eva Schlauch <eschla...@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de>
Subject Re: i am lost
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 08:35:22 GMT
Hi everyone,

So, to specify what I need and to find out if I should use OODT for
this, here are some details of my project:

- need to store data for development of new receiver system
- data are changing over time (need snapshots)
- data of many different file types, including our own file types
- need to do some postprocessing on them (would like to use python and
gnuplot)
- and be able to show some "data sheet"-like overview of the results:
some graphs, some numbers, some pictures. best imbedded in a nice web site
- should be available in intranet and over vpn
- web interface
- need some sort of log for components of system
- need to be able to comment on components and log entries

- at some point it may be interesting to also handle data acquisition
over this system. some of our lab equipment has lan interfaces or can be
attached to some switch.

... the server system can be set up in a virtual machine or similar for
testing purposes, my desktop is a mac

what is the best way to set the system up? which kind of server do i
need and which components of oodt should be installed?

Best, Eva