oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: FileConcatenator not generating output
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 21:52:21 GMT

Thanks Ravi can u show what the job dir has in it?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 2, 2014, at 1:48 PM, "Ravikumar Jeyaraman" <jeyarama@usc.edu<mailto:jeyarama@usc.edu>>
wrote:

Hi Professor,
                   We are still trying out file concatenate work-flow example . We were able
to execute it with out error. But concatenated output file is not generated at the end of
execution.

We are doubting some path setting in PGEConfig.xml .

I remember you suggested one of the student to change createBeforeExe to true. I tried that
also. But still files are not generated. I also tried setting manually JobDir env variable.
Still no luck . Any suggestions ?

  <exe dir="[JobDir]" shell="/bin/bash">
    <!-- cd to PGE root -->
    <cmd>cd [PGE_ROOT]/file_concatenator</cmd>
    <cmd>cp [InputFile1] [OutputFile]</cmd>
    <cmd>cat [InputFile2] >> [OutputFile]</cmd>
  </exe>

  <!-- Files to ingest -->
  <output>
    <!-- one or more of these -->
    <dir path="[JobDir]" createBeforeExe="false">

Thanks
Ravi