oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Re: more info for OODT-751 OPSUI Pages constantly expire
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:25:07 GMT
This one Chris. Diffed the whole lot and found the missing javascript
file. This causes Wicket to freak out and the header menu to stop
working. The javascript file is empty and unneeded but it wasn't removed
from Wicket. I raised a Jira for it, and Wokflows ;) Haven't had time to
fix them yet though.

On 14/11/14 11:39, Tom Barber wrote:
> Alright then, my client is going to kick my ass for not doing any work
> today, but I think I've resolved the mystery of the failing top menus,
> and its crapola.....
>
> After doing the worlds largest Diff:
> Someone removed BasePage.js in 0.7 because its empty but didn't remove
> the dependency in wicket. Wicket is still throwing serialization
> exceptions, but that might be because my repository is empty or just
> because its loves serializing stuff it can't.
>
> Either way the page expiry exceptions are gone.....
>
> So Val,
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/oodt/92da10aa38fcdcd386d37c9e3e3e618c9195e224/pcs/opsui/src/main/java/org/apache/oodt/pcs/opsui/BasePage.js

> grab that and stick it in
> oodt/tomcat/webapps/opsui/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/oodt/pcs/opsui/
> and refresh....
>
> I'm off to file a jira and get my ass kicked.
>
> Adios.
>
> On 14/11/14 10:34, Tom Barber wrote:
>> So what is happening is something it causing Wicket to try and
>> serialize everything, ever. I'm not a wicket guy so I'm not
>> particularly sure whats going on, I did add serializable headers to
>> everything in the structs package but that just moved the error
>> further up the chain.
>>
>> What I did notice though which is odd, is the menu stuff seems to
>> work from the homepage, but not from the top toolbar.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On 14/11/14 01:39, Tom Barber wrote:
>>> Hi Val,
>>>
>>> I tried a 0.7 OpsUI over 0.6 filemgr to see if that made a
>>> difference but it really doesn't like that.
>>>
>>> I can probably have a prod about over the weekend to see if I can
>>> figure out whats knackered.
>>>
>>> Don't despair, we'll get you your demo! ;)
>>>
>>> Tom

I tried running with version 0.6 opsui I did not do a full reinstall of the other oodt components
that come with Radix too.

without getting expired pages please tell me what version you are using, the OS you are running
it on, and the browser you are using.

usefulness of OODT in the Jedi instrument science data pipeline here at APL. And right now,
I have nothing to "show" for my last few months of work. If someone can tell me a configuration
using opsui that is working then maybe I can try to mimic that and get something useful up
and running. So far, for me, versions 0.6, 0.7 and the current trunk are showing only expired
pages.

I tried to use version 0.6 and am having the same problem in version 0.6. But, I can't guarantee
that I installed version 0.6 correctly so I would like to run this by you.  Based on your
email below here's what I did:

the following variables (this is output from my script):

the following command to start tomcat.

other pages are expired.  I should note that the "radix" installation of version 0.7 points
me to localhost:8080/opsui, while step 10 of the instructions from the quick start guide of
the wiki point me to localhost:8080/pcs-opsui. And, no matter which one I go to, the pages
expire.

firefox and topcat, etc. and nothing seems to help.

you would be interested to know that I am seeing the error. If I did not get version 0.6 up
and running, then I need more hints on how to do it.  :)

Jet

 I am

any kind of

/>