oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error ingesting product :(
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:47:44 GMT
Hi Valerie,

It looks like you've run into our good old friend 'null' :)

A basic question before we go further.
Which version of OODT are you using?
I ask this because the stack trace is valuable for hopefully stepping
throgh code myself.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Mallder, Valerie <Valerie.Mallder@jhuapl.edu
> wrote:

> PID file
> (/homes/malldva1/project/jedi/users/jedi-pipeline/oodt-deploy/filemgr/run/cas.filemgr.pid)
> found. Is File Manager still running? Start aborted.

I don't really like the look of this one? Have you tried killing all
processes relating to filemgr before starting the filemgr again? The start
aborted in particular is quite worrying. Does anyone know where this
message comes from?

> org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception:
> org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.exceptions.CatalogException: Error
> ingesting product [org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.Product@fb60123] :
> null

We really need to sort out these cryptic error messages. I've logged an
issue to address this

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-755