oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: OODT Roadmap Telecon
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:43:15 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I don't think there is a problem with having discussions on a telecon.
The key distinction is to NOT make decisions on those telecons. Decisions
are made on the ASF mailing lists. However, people talk outside of the list
all of the time and it's not our goal to thwart all of those opportunities.
We also here at the ASF are all about "trust" and "caring" behind people's
intentions. Sean Kelly and Tom Barber have made every effort as far as I
can
tell to hold a Doodle poll, include people in multiple time zones, and have
a chance for a discussion in real time that is often not possible. I say,
have
the discussion. Decisions are made/recorded, and *acted on* via our ASF
mailing
lists. So, I would say, do so.

And if you do all those things, and then just follow up, I personally trust
that you guys are doing the right thing and no one is doing anything
nefarious here.
Heck you have done a ton of things to discuss this telecon on the list,
there are
already several announcements of it, etc.

I would for sure NOT get into the habit of doing this as the only modis
operandi for
communication but of course, no one is suggesting that.

So, I would say, move forward, nothing much to see here. I will try my
best to attend it
but if I can't I trust you guys are doing the right thing and will take
care of stuff
on list as it should be.

Thanks.

Cheers,