oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (398J)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Filemgr Tests
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:58:09 GMT
Tom,

I think your comments hit home. This is exactly what we need to be doing. I think Sean Kelly
is trying to set up a call/coordination meeting, did you see the message for that?

> c) Are there any better ways of sorting out, planning, roadmaps, meetings, community
stuff, and collaboration on tasks, that we can take from other Apache projects, because, whilst
I enjoy OODT, and the ideas behind it (and I appreciate within the NASA bunch there is probably
more cohesion), it seems a little rudderless in terms of direction. Feel free to flame me
at this point lovely community people.

Yeah - mailing lists are good but I think what would help is definitely a "road map" document,
perhaps on the wiki or even the website. i.e. what the goal is for the next release, and how
far off are we? JIRA has some tools to support this we may want to leverage. Will look more
at it.

Rishi

On Jul 18, 2014, at 5:21 PM, Tom Barber wrote:

> Hello OODT Development Team
>
> I was wondering if
> a) it would make sense for us to either have a call at some point, or just get a thread/jira
started that allows us to get a rough idea of what aspects of OODT people are working on,
what they need etc as currently I don't think many of us have a real clue