oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Vogel <Mike.Vo...@knowledgent.com>
Subject RE: Curator UI editing metadata in solr
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:58:51 GMT
I’ve tried it both ways.  Doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I’ve got to things that aren’t working right, and they are probably related to my problems:

1.       Only the built in product fields, listed below, are displayed in the curator UI.
 I believe that previously the actual metadata was displayed but I can’t determine what
I changed to cause this to happen.  When I query via the solr admin UI or curl I see that
both the built-in product fields and the custom policy driven metadata fields are being stored
into solr.

·         ProductStructure

·         ProductTransferStatus

·         ProductName

·         ProductRootReference

·         ProductMimeType

·         ProductOrigReferences

·         ProductId

·         ProductFileSize

·         ProductDataStoreReferences

2.       If I edit these fields they changes are not saved.  No exceptions that I can find
in the curator log or the file manager log.  When I step through the code with the debugger
I don’t see the metadata fields coming back from the call to the filemanager in MetadataResource.getCatalogMetadata.
I just see the product level fields listed above.  When I make the same call that the XmlRpcFileManager
makes to SolrCatalog.getMetadata in a standalone junit test the full metadata fields are returned.

In order to get the saving into solr working I needed to add the following processor to the
default updateRequestProcessorChain to stop the _version_ field from being saved because solr
was throwing an exception on the set to null for _version_.  Is this a problem you’ve seen
before and have you fixed it some other way.

<updateRequestProcessorChain default="true" name="lucid-update-chain">
    <processor class="solr.IgnoreFieldUpdateProcessorFactory">
      <str name="fieldName">_version_</str>
    </processor>