oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Vogel <Mike.Vo...@knowledgent.com>
Subject RE: radix oodt install question
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 22:49:30 GMT
Can I download 0.7 Snapshot instead of just patching this one issue?
I'm a developer so I should be able to apply the patch.  I'll also look into commenting out
the junit test-I was concerned it indicated a real problem.
I got the Radix version working on CentOS in a virtualbox so I'm no longer blocked but I'd
still like to try to get the windows version working.
Should I switch any future questions on this topic to just the oodt user list or is it OK
to keep the individual email addresses?

Thanks for the help,
-mike

From: Lewis John Mcgibbney [mailto:lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:39 AM
To: user@oodt.apache.org
Cc: Ramirez, Paul M (398J); Verma, Rishi (398J); Sumarlidason, Arni L (398J-Affiliate)
Subject: Re: radix oodt install question

Hi Mike,
On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Mike Vogel <Mike.Vogel@knowledgent.com<mailto:Mike.Vogel@knowledgent.com>>
wrote:
To see if there is something about the what the filemgr jar file is built that is causing
the failures I tried building CAS File Manager project directly as describe at: http://oodt.apache.org/components/maven/filemgr/user/basic.html
on windows 7 64 bit using Cygwin.  It fails in the following ways.  Any suggestions?  I'm
going to try switching to using a CentOS virtual box but I'd like to be able to run under
windows as well so I could easily integrate with some windows projects I already have working.

Running 'mvn clean install' fails on the XMLTest, stack trace below.

testDOM(org.apache.oodt.commons.util.XMLTest)  Time elapsed: 0.1 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Stringified DOM document CRC mismatch, got value = 3750466362
      at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
      at org.apache.oodt.commons.util.XMLTest.testDOM(XMLTest.java:62)

Personally, if you are trying to use RADiX I would either comment out this test (if you are
using source) and try to reinstall the code. This is a trivial test which has little to do
with using RADiX.

Running 'mvn install -DskipTests' fails on a connection timeout to http://projects.iplantcollaborative.org.
 I tried it several times and will try again later tonight or tomorrow.

This has been fixed in 0.7-SNAPSHOT and is due to the repository at the above URL no longer
being active/maintained/available. Are you familiar with patching up source code? I can send
you a patch which you can apply which will solve this problem for you. This will at least
enable you to progress with using RADiX.
Lewis