oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramirez, Paul M (398J)" <paul.m.rami...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: radix oodt install question
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 18:19:03 GMT
Mike,

Adding Rishi and Arni as they both have more experience than myself running OODT in a windows
environment.

Looked at this a little this morning. It's hard as I don't have an Windows environment on
me to troubleshoot this with but if you try running the command line below directly then it
could lead to a resolution. Looks like maybe the tmpdir may be wrong too. If you capture the
output when you run this and post it here we can do some further troubleshooting.

/cygdrive/c/program files (x86)/java/jre7/bin/java       -Djava.ext.dirs=/cygdrive/c/oodt/oodt-deploy/filemgr/lib
-classpath /cygdrive/c/oodt/oodt-deploy/filemgr/lib     -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/cygdrive/c/oodt/oodt-deploy/filemgr/etc/logging.properties
    -Dorg.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.properties=/cygdrive/c/oodt/oodt-deploy/filemgr/etc/filemgr.properties
    -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\oodt\oodt-deploy\temp     org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager
    --portNum 9000 2>&1 &

Thanks,
Paul

From: <Ramirez>, JPL <paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Friday, March 14, 2014 6:01 PM
To: JPL <paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: Mike Vogel <Mike.Vogel@knowledgent.com<mailto:Mike.Vogel@knowledgent.com>>,
"<user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>>" <user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>>,
"dev@oodt.apache.org<mailto:dev@oodt.apache.org>" <dev@oodt.apache.org<mailto:dev@oodt.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: radix oodt install question

Mike,

One thing that came to mind is that on that version of radix pid file cleanup wasn't working
so you'd have to go into the run directories and just delete them after you kill jobs or something
doesn't start up right.

This doesn't fix the main problem which of why something doesn't start up right. I'll look
at that in the morning. Also maybe Rishi can answer this.

--Paul

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 14, 2014, at 4:33 PM, "Ramirez, Paul M (398J)" <paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov>>