oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bennett <lmzxq....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filemgr Operations
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:28:20 GMT
Hey Tom,

Cool. The filemgr client is quiet extensive and somewhat intimidating when
you first run a --help!

Here's a brief overview of its mechanics from my experience. The filemgr
client command line is broken down by options and sub-options.

The options that I mostly use are: --operation --url --clientTransfer

For example, this is how I invoke an in place file ingest:

filemgr-client \
*--url* http://localhost:9101 \
*--clientTransfer* --dataTransfer
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.datatransfer.InPlaceDataTransferFactory \
*--operation* --ingestProduct --productName $PROD_NAME --productStructure
Flat --productTypeName KatFile --metadataFile file://$PROD_MET --refs
file://$PROD_REF

I've generally found the best way is to poke around by invoking bits of the
command and the client gives some feedback as to the minimum you need to
complete your command.

So, by running on the command line:

$ filemgr-client --url http://localhost:9101 *--operation*
ERROR: Must specify a subOption for group option

$ filemgr-client --url http://localhost:9101 --operation
*--deleteProductByName*
ERROR: Missing required options:
 - [longOption='productName',shortOption='pn',description='Product name']

$ filemgr-client --url http://localhost:9101 --operation
--deleteProductByName *--productName $PROD_NAME*

I can finally delete that  product :)

Cheers,
Tom