oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Running operations over data
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:47:59 GMT
Hello folks,

Preparing for this talk, so I figure I should probably work out how OODT
works..... ;)

Anyway I have some ideas as how to integrate some more non science like
tools into OODT but I'm still figuring out some of the components.
Namely, workflows.

If for example, in OODT world I wanted to ingest a bunch of data and
perform some operation on them, does this happen during the ingest
phase, or post ingest?

Normally you guys would write some crazy scientific stuff I guess to
analyse the data you're ingesting and then dump it in some different
format into the catalog, does that sound about right?

Thanks

Tom
--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director