oodt-dev mailing list archives

From ke...@apache.org
Subject Re: ApacheCon 2014
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:29:40 GMT
Nothing short of brilliant.

Submit! Submit with extreme prejudice! 🍻

--k

On 2014-01-31, at 8:16 AM, Tom Barber <tom.barber@meteorite.bi> wrote:

> Alright folks I was planning on pitching this, what do you think?
>
> Title: Utilising the power of Apache OODT with open source Business Intelligence tools
>
> Event: ApacheCon North America 2014
>
> Submission Type: Presentation
>
> Category: Developer
>
> Biography: Tom Barber has been a vocal Open Source Business Intelligence proponent for
many years. He is well known in the Pentaho community having instigated a number of Pentaho
community meetings in the UK and Europe. He has extensive experience of information management,
business intelligence, data warehousing, and data integration with a range of technologies.
Tom is also the project founder of the Apache Licensed Saiku OLAP Analysis Tool. When not
hacking Open Source technologies Tom is the Technical Director of Meteorite Consulting, an
open source focussed Business Intelligence consultancy.

> Abstract: Apache OODT is a science data processing framework that is NASA's
>
> first project to be released to the ASF. OODT has many publicised use cases in the science
world, but less discussed is the use of Apache OODT in the world of business. We'll run through
a number of examples detailing how OODT can be used for non science based applications. We
will also demonstrate how Open Source Business Intelligence tools can interact with Apache
OODT and help integrate Apache OODT into Business Intelligence ecosystems. Using Pentaho Data
Integration we will demonstrate data ingestion and extraction, and how ETL tools can help
you manipulate data from within Apache OODT.

> Audience: User of OODT, and Business Intelligence developers who have an interest in
Metadata storage and processing.

> Experience Level: Beginner
>
> Technical Requirements: Projector
>

> Cheers
>
> Tom
>

> On 30/01/14 21:11, Christopher Warner wrote:
>> Ok, i've got a day to decide.. i'm swamped and I feel really lazy right
>> now, let me procrastinate a little while I think of how I can lay this out
>> into a compelling talk of some sort.
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Chris Mattmann
>> <chris.mattmann@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Chris, smells like another talk. Please submit :) Seriously, you have it
>>> written below :) Submit! :)

>>> Chris Mattmann
>>> chris.mattmann@gmail.com

GU2