oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Foster <holeno...@me.com>
Subject Re: PushPull DaemonLauncher
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:43:46 GMT
Hey Jordan,

Try not specifying the <runInfo> element for your daemons in RemoteSpecs.xml file.  It
should just run once through for those sites.  I believe the pushpull shuts down automatically
when all deamons have terminated, so after you run one pass it should just terminate.  It's
been a while since i've worked with push-pull code, if that doesn't work i'll have to dig
further into the code.

if you looking to do just a on off download a given file, then you might consider just using
cas-protocol directly.  Take a look at: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/protocol/api/src/main/resources/policy/cmd-line-actions.xml.
 You can run cas-protocol via this bin script: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/protocol/api/src/main/bin/protocol.
 Just build and deploy like all other cas products and that script will end up in the bin
directory.  If you would like to add custom action to cas-protocol there is documentation
for this at: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/cli/README.txt

-Brian