oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Medonsa <sanjaya...@gmail.com>
Subject Generic MetaData Column
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 05:33:51 GMT
Hi,
In OODT it is possible to store new Metadata items by either introducing
new product type or adding new items to existing product type. Basically
you need to update the three policy files with required configuration
(elements.xml, product-type-element-map.xml and product-types.xml). With
this approach, Metadata items that needs to be stored should be set up
prior to metadata ingestion. I need to understand best way to support
following behavior.

Ex: As I discussed in other email thread, I am planning to store input as
metadata together with output for Airavata integartion. Depending on task
number of inputs could be vary. So it is not possible to setup metadata
column such as Input1 and Input2. I guess best way to support this
requirement is to have one metadata field called Input and store all inputs
as key value pair. Is there any other standard mechanism available to
handle these sort of situation ?

Best Regards,
Sanjaya