oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gsoc
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:08:46 GMT
Nice Ross thanks for the heads up.
Hzave a great weekend
Lewis

On Saturday, July 13, 2013, Ross Laidlaw <rlaidlaw.open@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Lewis,
> I'm GSoC student #2 for OODT this year, mentored by Rishi Verma.  My goal
is to rewrite the CAS-Product web application using JAX-RS (with Apache
CXF) and hopefully add some new features to the webapp as well.  The
project is mapped out in JIRA issue OODT-605.
> I'm making steady progress, although I'm huffing and puffing trying to
keep up with Rajith, who is blazing a trail and has done an awesome job
with the Ganglia plugin! :)
> I was also a GSoC 2012 student for OODT, where I looked at connecting
OODT to Apache SIS.  Since then, both projects have moved on considerably -
for example SIS has had a huge code injection from Geotk/Geomatys - so the
work I did is outdated now but could be revisited/resurrected at some point.

> Ross
>

> On 13 Jul 2013, at 18:11, Rajith Siriwardana <rajithsiriwardana@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Lewis,
> I'm one of the interns working with the OODT community from the GSoC 2013
program. my project is a ResourceMonitor plugin that reads information from
Ganglia to Resource Management component. you can find more about project
and the progress from the link [1]. Main objective of the project is
completed with my last patch [2]. So currently i'm documenting, polishing
the code and adding more load calculation models. you also can follow the
mail threads under the tag [Ganglia plugin] in dev mailing list for more
information.

lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I wonder is we have reports/blogs/cave paintings of last years gsoc...?
>> I remember Chris talking about some excellent work that went on... and I
seem to have missed the oodt gsoc2013 train when it left the station so I
am not clued up on this years project(s).

--
*Lewis*