oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Laidlaw <rlaidlaw.o...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gsoc
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 19:16:26 GMT
Hey Lewis,

I'm GSoC student #2 for OODT this year, mentored by Rishi Verma.  My goal is to rewrite the
CAS-Product web application using JAX-RS (with Apache CXF) and hopefully add some new features
to the webapp as well.  The project is mapped out in JIRA issue OODT-605.

I'm making steady progress, although I'm huffing and puffing trying to keep up with Rajith,
who is blazing a trail and has done an awesome job with the Ganglia plugin! :)

I was also a GSoC 2012 student for OODT, where I looked at connecting OODT to Apache SIS.
 Since then, both projects have moved on considerably - for example SIS has had a huge code
injection from Geotk/Geomatys - so the work I did is outdated now but could be revisited/resurrected
at some point.

Ross

On 13 Jul 2013, at 18:11, Rajith Siriwardana <rajithsiriwardana@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lewis,
>
> I'm one of the interns working with the OODT community from the GSoC 2013 program. my
project is a ResourceMonitor plugin that reads information from Ganglia to Resource Management
component. you can find more about project and the progress from the link [1]. Main objective
of the project is completed with my last patch [2]. So currently i'm documenting, polishing
the code and adding more load calculation models. you also can follow the mail threads under
the tag [Ganglia plugin] in dev mailing list for more information.

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-219
> [2] https://reviews.apache.org/r/12308/
>

> Cheers,
> Rajith
>
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I wonder is we have reports/blogs/cave paintings of last years gsoc...?
>> I remember Chris talking about some excellent work that went on... and I seem to
have missed the oodt gsoc2013 train when it left the station so I am not clued up on this
years project(s).