oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Rideout <bride...@haystack.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with filemgr quick install
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 13:08:51 GMT
Cameron,

Attached is a tar file of /Users/brideout/Documents/Projects/OODT/cas-filemgr/policy.  Thanks
for your help.

Bill Rideout

On Jun 6, 2013, at 6:48 PM, Cameron Goodale wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Sounds like a policy issue. Can you send the xml files in /Users/brideout/Documents/Projects/OODT/cas-filings/policy
to the list.

> The message says file manager I'd looking for Product type GenericFile, which is defined
in product-types.xml.

> Thanks,
>
> Cameron
>
> On Jun 6, 2013 10:41 AM, "Bill Rideout" <brideout@haystack.mit.edu> wrote:
> I am now working my way through the Component level user guides via https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Component+Level+User+Guides.
 The File Manager install seemed to work fine, until I tried the test:

> dhcp28:bin brideout$ ./filemgr-client --url http://localhost:9000 --operation --ingestProduct
--productName example.txt --productStructure Flat --productTypeName GenericFile --metadataFile
file:///Users/brideout/Documents/Projects/OODT/cas-filemgr/bin/example.txt.met --refs file:///Users/brideout/Documents/Projects/OODT/cas-filemgr/bin/example.txt
> Jun 6, 2013 1:31:37 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManagerClient <init>
> INFO: Loading File Manager Configuration Properties from: [../etc/filemgr.properties]
> Jun 6, 2013 1:31:37 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.repository.XMLRepositoryManager getProductTypeByName
> WARNING: XMLRepositoryManager: Unable to find product type: [GenericFile], returning
null
> ERROR: Failed to ingest product 'example.txt' : java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
> dhcp28:bin brideout$
>
> I am running Mac 10.7, and I did install an alternate version of mvn (2.2) to follow
the standard build procedure.  I've attached a copy of ../etc/filemgr.properties and the two
example.txt* files.