oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Rideout <bride...@haystack.mit.edu>
Subject Re: CAS Curation example issues
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 19:32:49 GMT
Wow - I think that sets a record for releasing a patch!  The problem with the last section
was simply that I was clicking on the left hand pane trying to get the ingest interface to
show up:

> From the above image, you can see that the CAS-Filemgr configuration has been picked
up by CAS-Curator. If you double-click on MP3 in the left filemgr main pane, you will see
the product types that are contained in the mp3 policy: GenericFile which was part of the
default configuration, and MP3 which we added. Clicking on MP3, we bring up the ingest interface
in the right filemgr main pane.

I did realize just now that I'm supposed to click on MP3 in the right hand pane.  Probably
just my mistake, but the last line could be "Clicking on MP3  in the right filemgr main pane,
we bring up the ingest interface."

Thanks for the help!  -Bill

On Jun 21, 2013, at 2:36 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:

> Hi Bill,
> Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-635
> Now regarding the final part of your thread... mmm.
> What is wrong here? Can you expand a bit please?
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Bill Rideout <brideout@haystack.mit.edu> wrote:
> I am following the instructions for CAS Curator at http://oodt.apache.org/components/maven/curator/user/basic.html.
 I succeeded in making the example work up through the final section "
> File Manager Configuration" after making the following adjustments to the instructions:

> For file config.properties, removed linefeed after = which you get if you copy from the
web page.

> However, after going through the File Manager Configuration, the web application looks
like the attached image.  Trying to find an error  message is more challenging - nothing seemed
significant in the numbers log files under Tomcat or cas-workflow.