oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Arni Sumarlidason <Arni.Sumarlida...@mdaus.com>
Subject RE: oodt:pushpull:http protocol unexpected results
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 23:49:57 GMT
Good Evening,

I have made some progress narrowing down this issue, and created a jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-616

- FileRestrictions::isAllowed() returns false because parent file cannot be found to obtain
permission(vf.allowNewFiles()) for the file to be downloaded.
-- VirtualFile::getChildRecursive() fails because the absolute path stored in the virtual
file is.. not absolute.

Best,

Arni Sumarlidason | Software Engineer, Information Technology
MDA | 820 West Diamond Ave | Gaithersburg, MD | USA
O: 240-833-8200 D: 240-833-8318 M: 256-393-2803
arni.sumarlidason@mdaus.com<mailto:arni.sumarlidason@mdaus.com>| http://www.mdaus.com<http://www.mdaus.com/>

From: Arni Sumarlidason
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:41 PM
To: user@oodt.apache.org
Subject: oodt:pushpull:http protocol unexpected results

Hello all,

Thanks for reading, I am having an issue downloading files using pushpull's http protocol,
however in troubleshooting I switched to ftp and everything worked fine with identical folder
structure. I started with the user guide on the wiki, and moved over a folder to my local
server for testing. I believe I have included all of the relevant materials, if I missed something
let me know.
http://sumarlidason.com/perm/20130529/oodt.apache.sumarlidason.tar.gz

Any assistance in troubleshooting this problem/configuration would be greatly appreciated!

Arni Sumarlidason | Software Engineer, Information Technology
MDA | 820 West Diamond Ave | Gaithersburg, MD | USA
O: 240-833-8200 D: 240-833-8318 M: 256-393-2803
arni.sumarlidason@mdaus.com<mailto:arni.sumarlidason@mdaus.com>| http://www.mdaus.com<http://www.mdaus.com/>
The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the
use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message
or any copy of it from your computer system.