oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Resneck, Gabriel M (398J)" <Gabriel.M.Resn...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Problem using OpsUI FM Browser
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 23:11:08 GMT
I ultimately did manage to fix the problem with assistance from a few of
members of our community.
First, the error was occurring due to the fact that the SMAP team is using
an implementation of the File Manager catalog that is not yet available at
Apache (to the best of my knowledge).  Therefore, the details of this
solution will only pertain either to those here at JPL who work for the
missions who utilize this implementation or when this implementation makes
its way to Apache.
This implementation utilizes Oracle database tables to speed up the query
process for projects with very, very large catalogs.  Each product type is
given its own table, with a column for each metadata element associated
with that product type.  Unfortunately, some product types have very long
names and Oracle has a limit on the number of characters in the table
identifier.  This means that product type names like
"AntennaPatternCorrection" will result in this error in File Manager
output:

Apr 29, 2013 3:07:28 PM
gov.nasa.smap.spdm.filemgr.catalog.sql.ColumnBasedSQLLayer executeQuery

SEVERE: SQLException while getting executing query: ORA-00972: identifier
is too long

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00972: identifier is too long

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:288)

               at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:745)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:2
19)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CPreparedState
ment.java:813)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.jav
a:1049)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CPreparedSta
tement.java:854)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.jav
a:1154)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedSt
atement.java:3370)

               at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedState
ment.java:3415)

               at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(Delegating
PreparedStatement.java:92)

               at
gov.nasa.smap.spdm.filemgr.catalog.sql.ColumnBasedSQLLayer.executeQuery(Col
umnBasedSQLLayer.java:222)

               at
gov.nasa.smap.spdm.filemgr.catalog.sql.ColumnBasedSQLLayer.executeQuery(Col
umnBasedSQLLayer.java:142)

               at
gov.nasa.smap.spdm.filemgr.catalog.sql.OracleColumnBasedQueries.selectCount
Type(OracleColumnBasedQueries.java:237)

               at
gov.nasa.smap.spdm.filemgr.catalog.ColumnBasedDataSourceCatalog.getNumProdu
cts(ColumnBasedDataSourceCatalog.java:842)

               at
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager.getNumProducts(XmlRpcF
ileManager.java:348)

               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

               at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3
9)

               at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp
l.java:25)

               at org.apache.xmlrpc.Invoker.execute(Invoker.java:130)

               at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcWorker.invokeHandler(XmlRpcWorker.java:84)

               at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcWorker.execute(XmlRpcWorker.java:146)

               at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer.execute(XmlRpcServer.java:139)

               at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer.execute(XmlRpcServer.java:125)

               at
org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer$Connection.run(WebServer.java:761)

               at
org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer$Runner.run(WebServer.java:642)

               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Apr 29, 2013 3:07:28 PM
gov.nasa.smap.spdm.filemgr.catalog.ColumnBasedDataSourceCatalog
getNumProducts

SEVERE: Exception getting num of products by type
'AntennaPatternCorrection' Message: ORA-00972: identifier is too long

It wasn't until I finally looked at the FM server output that I realized
what was really going on.  As it turns out, I was not using a version of
the catalog that maps the full product type name to a short name that
Oracle can handle.  Once that was pointed out to me, a quick check of my
configuration fixed the issue.

Gabe =)