oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Cayanan, Michael D (388J)" <michael.d.caya...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Workflow Questions
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 15:32:03 GMT
Hey Chris,

I suppose I could. For some reason I didn't think that it was possible to
submit a job to the Resource Manager other than through the Workflow.
In my case, I'm using a listener to pull files out of the RabbitMQ. After
I pull a file out of the queue, I'd like to submit a job to the Resource
Manager to trigger a Workflow Event. How would one submit a job this way?
Under the Resource Manager trunk, in src/main/resources/examples/jobs, I
see 2 xml files that appear to be config files. Do I need to make use of
these to do what I want to do?

Also, I know that the Resource Manager has it's own queue where it places
jobs when all of its compute nodes are full. In my case (this is for
Costin's pipeline BTW), I don't want jobs being placed in the Resource
Manager queue. I would like for them to remain in the Rabbit Queue. Is the
Resource Manager's "getNodeLoad()" method the best way to check if a node
is full before submitting a job?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Mike