oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Siriwardana <rajithsiriward...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Interested in participating GSoC 2013 with OODT
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 16:24:34 GMT
hi all,

*

As I understood there will be resource node monitoring and Job status
monitoring happen using ganglia. Resource management components plugin will
poll gmetad periodically by xml over tcp and receive an xml file of the
last status monitored.

I need some clarification on following matters

   -

   By polling gmetad you will get aggregated monitoring data of a cluster.
   by listening gmond multicast/unicast channel you can get xml from a gmond
   running in a node. I guess it should be polling gmetad.
   - In job status monitoring it will involve jvm monitoring (that is not
   related to the plugin as it just polling gmetad) correct me if i’m
   misunderstood the job concept.
   -

   Is it only be able to poll default gmond metrics. or should it be
   pluggable with gmetric functionality which is able to introduce additional
   metrics.

Anything you need to clarify or I have misunderstood?*

Thank you,

T.W.R.O. Siriwardana
StMIEEE
Undergraduate