oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisse...@geomatys.fr>
Subject Re: Research project on integrating geoservices with Apache Airavata
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 15:57:35 GMT
Hello Amila

Le 06/04/13 06:25, AMILA RANATUNGA a écrit :
> Constellation-SDI consisted of WPS, WMS, WFS as server modules. So
> will that integration make Apache SIS be considered as those services
> enabled?
Yes, after the port of Constellation-SDI as Apache SIS modules
(including the test suites that execute CITE tests), SIS should be WPS,
WMS and WFS (among other services) compliant. Frédéric or Vincent could
hopefully complete this list and tell more about compliance.

> And why you said "Having SIS to implement WMS, WMTS, WCS and WFS is a
> must"? What about WPS. Will that make SIS out of the scope. Because we
> feel that since Airavata using Science gateway concept, really
> essential to implement WPS too.
I cited WMS, WMTS, WCS and WFS as the minimal services that SIS must
support because I perceive those services as the ones that every GIS
users take for granted. But they are only the minimum. WPS and SensorML
are supplemental services also implemented in Constellation-SDI and to
be proposed to Apache SIS. So WPS is not out of SIS scope, quite the
contrary :-).

     Martin