oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Workflow2 - State Persistence
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:32:08 GMT
Hey Mike,

Workflow information (state, etc.) is persisted to the WorkflowInstanceRepository. In Wengine/Workflow2
support in trunk it makes heavy use of this, but the support is evolving.

I think for 0.6 I'll add some functionality and features (and would appreciate any help) to
allow users to:

  1.  Specify in workflow.properties whether or not prior not completed (or not "finished"
category state) workflows should be cleared out and/or should be restarted and run on startup.
Maybe a property like org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.unfinishedWorkflows.complete=true
or false
  2.  Finish support in WorkflowInstanceRepository for persisting all new Wengine state information

Those are the 2 items that should be done for 0.6 to support this feature. It's on the roadmap
just not fully done yet.

Cheers,
Chris

From: <Cayanan>, "Michael D (388J)" <michael.d.cayanan@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:michael.d.cayanan@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:41 AM
To: "user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>" <user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>>
Subject: Workflow2 - State Persistence

Hi Chris and/or Brian,

I'm currently on a project where PDS and AMMOS are joining forces to create a pipeline service
and we'd like to use the latest Workflow2 to do that. They asked a question at last week's
meeting regarding if the latest and greatest OODT Workflow will be able to do state persistence.
I can let Paul Ramirez chime in any further details since he was at the meeting as well, but
can the latest and greatest Workflow do that? And if so, under which engine? I'm currently
using the following engine:

workflow.engine.factory = org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.ThreadPoolWorkflowEngineFactory

Thanks,

Mike