oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trunk RADIX 0.6-SNAPSHOT Build Failing
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 01:26:08 GMT
Hi,

I managed to sort this out. It's slightly typical of Maven where we know
something is wrong but don't have a clue what it is.
Basically, it all works fine when I navigate to [0] then do
$mvn install
$mkdir ${my.RADiX.project}
$cd ${my.RADiX.project}
$mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.oodt
-DarchetypeArtifactId=radix-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=0.6-SNAPSHOT
-Doodt=0.6-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=${my.company}
-DartifactId=${my.RADiX.project} -Dversion=0.1-SNAPSHOT
$cd ${my.RADiX.project}
$mvn package
$mkdir ../oodt-deploy; tar -xvf
distribution/target/${my.RADiX.project}-distribution-0.1-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz
-C ../oodt-deploy
$cd ../oodt-deploy; ./bin/oodt start

Basically I was trying to (as the RADiX document suggests) invoke the
archetype in the wrong/incorrect directory? The error indicates that the
existing pom (within the radix directory I was trying to execute the
command from) is of the wrong type.
It worked successfully if I was in a clean directory after create a new
folder and cd to it.

I changed to page at [1] to reflect the observations.

Thanks

Lewis

[0] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/mvn/archetypes/radix/
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT