oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Siriwardana <rajithsiriward...@ieee.org>
Subject Interested in participating GSoC 2013 with OODT
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:08:12 GMT
hi,
I'm a 4th year (final year) undergraduate of Faculty of Engineering
University of Moratuwa majoring in Computer Science and Engineering and I
would like contribute to OODT.
I did my internship last year which spanned for 9 months in WSO2[1]. which
is a middle-ware company and I worked with their WSO2 Stratos product[2].
Basically I was assigned for developing WSO2 Stratos system level health
monitoring component and WSO2 Stratos heartbeat monitoring package.  For
WSO2 Stratos health monitoring component[3] before finalizing Nagios[4] for
monitoring with mk_livestatus[5] replacing NagiosXML engine for query
stats, which is shown in the architecture image, I did some work with
Ganglia (how to use it for WSO2 Stratos system level health monitoring).
Furthermore I took part in test automation hackathon carried out for WSO2
ESB[6] around 2 months.
So I believe I have enough knowledge to complete the *GSoC 2013 project
 "Monitor that plugs into ganglia"
OODT-219<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-219>
 [7]* with some guidance.
Please give me any advice, guidance you'd like to extend.
You can access my Linkedin profile via [8]

[1]http://wso2.com/
[2]http://wso2.com/cloud/stratos/
[3]http://mail.wso2.org/mailarchive/architecture/2012-June/008827.html
[4]http://www.nagios.org/