oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <paul.m.rami...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Issue with CAS log buildup...
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:20:06 GMT
Hey Tim,

Update the logging.properties to include:

# The following limits the size of output log file in bytes:
java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit=50000

# Number of output files to cycle through.
# Appends integer to end of base file name
java.util.logging.FileHandler.count=10

Thanks,
Paul

From: <Stough>, "Timothy M (388F)" <timothy.m.stough@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:timothy.m.stough@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:52 AM
To: "<user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>>" <user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Issue with CAS log buildup...

I'll check out Chris' pointers.  But, to be clear, I was referring to the log-rolling method
used by /var/logs logs, not actually putting our crawler logs there.  I want to have the logs
occasionally rolled log -> log.0, log.0 -> log.0.gz etc... log.9.gz -> [deleted]...

Cheers,
Tim.

On Feb 12, 2013, at 10:32 PM, "Verma, Rishi (388J)" <Rishi.Verma@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Rishi.Verma@jpl.nasa.gov>>