oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Patch For Env Vars
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 02:38:11 GMT
Thanks Mike, thanks for creating the Review Board too!

I went ahead and commented back check it out.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Chris

From: <Starch>, "Michael D (388L)" <Michael.D.Starch@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Michael.D.Starch@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:13 PM
To: jpluser <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: "dev@oodt.apache.org<mailto:dev@oodt.apache.org>" <dev@oodt.apache.org<mailto:dev@oodt.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Patch For Env Vars

Cris et. all,

I have attached a patch for OODT-553 to fix the EnvUtilities to call System.getEnvironment
instead of run env.  I have some suspicions that the latter (exec env) is causing problems
on my project, and this patch updates it to use the native java mechanisms which work as of
java 1.5, or 1.6.  This should be more stable and portable.

The test case needs to run on UNIX to get access to USER and HOME environment variables to
work, so I make that check first.

See below for previous discussion.

-Michael Starch (starch)