oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Lindsey Davis <lda...@nrao.edu>
Subject passing objects between tasks / workflows
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:26:23 GMT
Hello,

I  work on the NRAO ALMA pipeline software. I have recently begun developing
some prototype OODT workflows for use in the production pipeline.

I would like to be able to pass an object between workflows and tasks. The
object is modest in size, serializable in the Java sense, and can be encoded
to and decoded from a string. XML is not a useful option here.

Does OODT provide any builtin support for this? If not are there any OODT
imposed limits on the size of strings that can be passed around, or
any other related issues I should be aware of.

                                                          Best wishes,
 							 Lindsey Davis