oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Workflow 2
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 02:50:24 GMT
Hey Mike,

From: <Cayanan>, "Michael D (388J)" <michael.d.cayanan@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:michael.d.cayanan@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:15 AM
To: "user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>" <user@oodt.apache.org<mailto:user@oodt.apache.org>>
Subject: Workflow 2

Hi all,

I would like to start using the latest and greatest Workflow in the trunk. Has anyone been
using it lately?

That would be me :)

I'm trying to figure out which configuration files are needed now in
order to run this latest version. Or is it backwards compatible?

It's fully back compat. So feel free to point wengine at your existing CAS workflow 1 policy
and it should load fine.

 In 0.3, I know I had to configure a couple of xml files: events.xml, task.xml, conditions.xml.
However, in the examples directory, I do see a wengine folder, where it looks like those 3
config files aren't needed anymore?

They don't have to be used, but they can be used.

If someone can point me to some sample set of files I can use as a reference, that would be
awesome! :D

Sure, check this out:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/workflow/src/main/resources/examples/

Those files should work fine. Give it a try. As for your workflow.properties file, it should
look like this:

# wengine properties
# define workflow prioritizer class to use for sorting workflow tasks
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.wengine.prioritizer=org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.FILOPrioritySorter
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.wengine.taskquerier.waitSeconds=2

# the maximum number of threads to be used by the asynchronous engine runner
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.asynchronous.runner.num.threads=25

You'll need those properties at a minimum. Then, at the top of your file, select:

# workflow repository factory
workflow.repo.factory = org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.repository.PackagedWorkflowRepositoryFactory

# workflow engine factory
workflow.engine.factory = org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.PrioritizedQueueBasedWorkflowEngineFactory

# engine runner factory
workflow.wengine.runner.factory=org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.runner.AsynchronousLocalEngineRunnerFactory

Remember for your packaged workflow repo to set:

# wengine-style packaged workflow repo properties
org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.wengine.packagedRepo.dir.path = /path/to/wengine/workflow/files

And to define your wengine lifecycle:

org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.lifecycle.filePath=/usr/local/workflow/policy/wengine/wengine-lifecycle.xml

HTH!

Cheers,
Chris