oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: NullPointer with PushPull
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 04:26:47 GMT
Thanks Mike -- looks like BFost has diagnosed let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Chris

On Nov 26, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Michael Joyce wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Finally had the chance to deal with this after the long weekend. If more info is needed,
let me know. Thanks for the help!

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-537
>
> ----------------
> Mike
>

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Michael Joyce <mltjoyce@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris: Will do ASAP
>
> Brian: I removed the path for the sake of brevity in the original email. I'll be sure
to include everything in the JIRA issue to avoid any confusion. Sorry about that.

> ----------------
> Mike
>

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Brian Foster <holenoter@mac.com> wrote:
> hey mike,
>
> looks like you got a weird path in your configuration: <snipped path>pushpull/policy/ProtocolFactoryInfo.xml
>
> what is <snipped path>?
>
> -brian
>
> On Nov 20, 2012, at 10:45 AM, Michael Joyce <mltjoyce@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hay all,
>>
>> I'm trying to get PushPull up and running. When I start it up I'm getting the following
>>
>> SEVERE: Failed to configure DaemonLauncher : [Config] Failed to get properties from
properties file : [Config] Failed to load ProtocolFactory config file <snipped path>pushpull/policy/ProtocolFactoryInfo.xml
: [ProtocolInfo] Failed to load ProtocolFactory info for protocol types : org.apache.oodt.cas.protocol.local.LocalProtocolFactory
>> Nov 20, 2012 10:17:03 AM org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.DaemonLauncher launchDaemons
>> INFO: Launching Daemons . . .
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.DaemonLauncher.launchDaemons(DaemonLauncher.java:116)
>> at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.DaemonLauncher.main(DaemonLauncher.java:183)
>>
>> Could someone enlighten me as to why it's having issues loading the proper class
here? Missing something obvious perhaps?