oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (388J)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: PushPull framework and custom met extraction
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 23:05:28 GMT
Hey Brian,

That sounds pretty reasonable. Thanks for your help on this!

rishi

On Nov 9, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Brian Foster wrote:

Hey Rishi,

The filemgr connection from the pushpull is just to verify if the filemgr already has a file,
so the pushpull doesn't redownload files (no ingest support)... usually you configure your
pushpull deamon to run at longer interval times, but the crawler usually will wake up more
often (every 30 seconds is a typical interval time for it)... so just have the pushpull download
its files to a staging area which is the same directory which the crawler is monitoring.

-brian

On Nov 09, 2012, at 11:06 AM, "Verma, Rishi (388J)" <Rishi.Verma@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Rishi.Verma@jpl.nasa.gov>>