oodt-dev mailing list archives

From YunHee Kang <yunh.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem when running pushpull
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:17:00 GMT
Hi Brian,

When I was reading a file named "push_pull_framework.properties", I
understood  how  a metadata file is named.
#extension for temporary metadata file
org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.write.met.file=true
org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.met.file.extension=info.tmp

And I found a metadata file written in XML  having its name ended with
".info.tmp"  in the staging area, which  was generated  by pushpull
script.

Hence I tried to catalog the downloaded file and its metadata file in
the staging area by filemgr-client and I am sure that  the file was
ingested by filemgr:

yhkang@yunhee-kisti:~/oodt-0.5/cas-filemgr/bin$ ./filemgr-client-tes.sh
Aug 1, 2012 7:37:37 PM
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManagerClient <init>
INFO: Loading File Manager Configuration Properties from:
[../etc/filemgr.properties]
Aug 1, 2012 7:37:38 PM
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager runExtractors
INFO: Running Met Extractor:
[org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.metadata.extractors.CoreMetExtractor] for
product type: [GenericFile]
Aug 1, 2012 7:37:38 PM
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager runExtractors
INFO: Running Met Extractor:
[org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.metadata.extractors.examples.MimeTypeExtractor]
for product type: [GenericFile]
Aug 1, 2012 7:37:38 PM
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager runExtractors
INFO: Running Met Extractor:
[org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.metadata.extractors.examples.FinalFileLocationExtractor]
for product type: [GenericFile]
Aug 1, 2012 7:37:38 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.catalog.LuceneCatalog toDoc
WARNING: No Metadata specified for product [tesProduct] for required
field [DataVersion]: Attempting to continue processing metadata
Aug 1, 2012 7:37:38 PM
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.datatransfer.LocalDataTransferer moveFile
INFO: LocalDataTransfer: Moving File:
file:///home/yhkang/oodt-0.5/cas-filemgr/bin/TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r0000002147_F06_09.he5
to file:/home/yhkang/files/tesProduct/TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r0000002147_F06_09.he5
Aug 1, 2012 7:37:38 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.catalog.LuceneCatalog toDoc
WARNING: No Metadata specified for product [tesProduct] for required
field [DataVersion]: Attempting to continue processing metadata
ingestProduct: Result: e9f22900-dbc4-11e1-a524-6bffd22dafd0

I also checked up  the file indigested by query_tool.
./query_tool --url http://localhost:8000 --lucene -query
CAS.ProductName:tesProduct
e9f22900-dbc4-11e1-a524-6bffd22dafd0

I am wondering why the "catalog exception" was occurred as pushpull
was running even if my file manager was working well .
Could you recommend me any material to understand mechanism between
filemgr and pushpull.

Thanks,
Yunhee