oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Laidlaw <rlaidlaw.o...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OODT-402 progress update
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 02:48:55 GMT
Hi Chris!

On 12 May 2012 18:13, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Yep, +1 to creating a separate task and this sounds like great progress!

I've recently created OODT-458 and transferred the namespace info over
from OODT-449.

> I would like to keep the cas namespace since it's really cas config and
> to me, declaring the namespace there solidified that for me. Is there any
> specific reason to remove it?

I see what you mean and completely agree - no reason to remove it and
makes sense to have it there in the config.

> +1 to make it use RSSConfig in both the ProductServlet and the TransferServlet.

I'll try to include this in OODT-458.

> Also if you're feeling ambitious, a separate issue is to turn those 2 services
> into JAX-RS services using CXF :) You can find examples of how to do that
> in CAS curator (see its services) but it's really a separate issue. I just
> wanted to whet your whistle b/c you are doing so great! :)

Definitely!  Sounds very interesting!  I'd like to contribute to this
work.  Ricky Nguyen has replied with some info on this, so I'll follow
up on his comments as well.

Ross