oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Query Tool Bugs?
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 17:13:20 GMT
Thanks Brian good job tracking this down.

Thanks to Mike for finding it out -- I will head over to OODT-460 and think about
the issue there.

Mike, all: the stuff I showed Mike below about logging.properties and quoteFields
though is a good illustration of how to see what SQL is being printed by the FM
catalog and a good way/gotcha FAQ regarding if you have an error related
to numerics and strings if you are combining XMLValidationLayer and DataSourceCatalog
(for everything but MySQL apparently ;) ).

Cheers,
Chris

On May 23, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Brian Foster wrote:

> hey chris,
>
> this is an SQL compatiblity thing... MySQL doesn't support INTERSECT... i created an
issue for this fix: (OODT-460) DataSourceCatalog doesn't work with MySQL

> -brian
>
> On May 22, 2012, at 07:55 PM, "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> This is where quoteFields comes in.
>>
>> If you are using a combination of XMLValidationLayer with DataSourceCatalog, rather
than
>> the element IDs being numeric, they are strings.
>>
>> That's Brian is talking about I think. I you mentioned you were using quoteFields
so
>> it should take care of this, but seeing the SQL you're generating can help.
>>
>> Can you edit etc/logging.properties and turn the catalog level WAY up like to ALL?
>>
>> Then restart FM and tell us the queries that are printing from the logs/cas_filemgrX.log.Y.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>>
>> On May 22, 2012, at 8:32 AM, Cayanan, Michael D (388J) wrote:
>>
>> > Hey Brian,
>> >
>> > element_id is set to a varchar. I'm using the attached shell script to create
the database tables. Since I'm using XMLValidationLayer, does this mean that I should be creating
a different set of tables? If so, what would those be? I'm assuming the provided cas-filemgr-schema-mysql.sql
is used only if you're using DataSourceValidationLayer...

>> > -Mike
>> >
>> > From: Brian Foster <holenoter@mac.com>
>> > Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 22:32:30 +0000
>> > To: <user@oodt.apache.org>
>> > Subject: Re: Query Tool Bugs?
>> >

>> > hey mike,
>> >
>> > i copied in your etc files and policy files into a newly deployed trunk filemgr
deployment... i then just commented out the code which talked to sql driver so i could see
the SQL which would be sent to the sql driver... basically by doing that i've narrowed it
down to something with your SQL connection... did you change element_id to a varchar instead
of and int since you are using XMLValidationLayer... the provide cas-filemgr-schema-mysql.sql
is setup to work with DataSourceValidationLayer... i think you are getting an error because
there are quotes around your element_id and the database is expecting a integer (the quotes
are correct in this case though, you DB is just configured wrong)

>> > -brian

use this in your configuration as well?

Or the wengine-branch that you pointed me to earlier?

matter though in this case, but I could be wrong. I'm assuming you set up your file manager
with some other db backend?

that you have on your computer? I want to see if I can just untar it on my computer, start
it up and see if that works.

my computer and i get the following output:

WHERE RangeBeginningDate > '2007-01-01' AND RangeBeginningTime > '12:00:00.000'"

TO null])
WHERE element_id = 'urn:smap:product:RangeBeginningTime' AND metadata_value > '12:00:00.000')
INTERSECT (SELECT DISTINCT product_id FROM L0a_Radar_metadata WHERE element_id = 'urn:smap:product:RangeBeginningDate'
AND metadata_value > '2007-01-01') ORDER BY product_id DESC

than just throwing out guesses... i put a print statement in the QueryTool code to see what
the SqlParser was doing with the query...

L0a_Radar WHERE RangeBeginningDate > '2007-01-01' AND RangeBeginningTime > '12:00:00.000'"

TO null])

(like i initially thought) or SqlParser... i will take a closer look at your configuration
today and let you know what i find.

aliases... maybe take a look at those if you have any... in the mean time i will try and get
to the bottom of this.

surrounded each value with a single quote and it didn't work for me. I also put the query
into the shell script as you've suggested and still no luck.

Failed to perform complex query : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERSECT (SELECT
DISTINCT product_id FROM L0a_Radar_metadata WHERE element_id =' at line 1
java.lang.Exception: org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.exceptions.CatalogException: Failed
to perform complex query : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERSECT (SELECT DISTINCT
product_id FROM L0a_Radar_metadata WHERE element_id =' at line 1
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.exceptions.CatalogException: Failed to perform complex
query : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERSECT (SELECT DISTINCT product_id FROM
L0a_Radar_metadata WHERE element_id =' at line 1

trying. It appears that this is a bug. Since query tool has been deprecated in the trunk in
favor of the super new file manager client tool, then I'll go ahead and file a JIRA issue
for this against the file manager.

I can find out where the bug is at.

stuff gets normalized sometimes.

it still didn't work. I tried a query using the wengine branch's query_tool since this version
of the filemgr-client didn't have the ability to query.

code to see if I can find out more as to what is going on. So this is what I found:

me further into the code. So, when I entered the query as follows,

AND 'RangeBeginningTime>12:00:00Z'

AND]

TO null], 'RangeBeginningDate:[2007-01-01' TO null])

date and time values. Not sure how that came about. The tool still threw an exception. I'm
guessing it's because of the unmatched single quotes.

as well, but the SQLParser class didn't like that either:

AND 'RangeBeginningTime>'12:00:00Z''

filemgr (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/branches/wengine-branch/filemgr/)... there
are a lot of bug fixes floating around in both Lucene and DataSource Catalogs in that branch...
if it works with that then we know it is a bug with trunk.

surrounding the where clause and they both didn't work for me.

and it fixed that StringIndexOutofBoundsException issue I was seeing. Thanks!

Client tool with the query with multiple conditions to see if I could get a result, but it
threw an exception as well:

L0a_Radar WHERE RangeBeginningDate>'2007-01-01' AND RangeBeginningTime>'12:00:00Z'"
-op -sqlQuery
[../etc/filemgr.properties]
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.exceptions.CatalogException: Failed to perform complex
query : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERSECT (SELECT DISTINCT product_id FROM
L0a_Radar_metadata WHERE element_id =' at line 1
'null', priorityMetKey 'null', null' : java.lang.Exception: org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.exceptions.CatalogException:
Failed to perform complex query : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERSECT (SELECT
DISTINCT product_id FROM L0a_Radar_metadata WHERE element_id =' at line 1

the way you posted the query the way you are running it?

"SELECT * FROM L0a_Radar WHERE "RangeBeginningDate>'2007-01-01' AND RangeBeginningTime>'12:00:00.000Z'""

(388J) wrote:

an error in your SQL syntax; check
MySQL server version for the right
DISTINCT product_id FROM