oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bennett <lmzxq....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: workflow manager problem
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 17:52:38 GMT
Thanks Sheryl. I was thinking I may chose to stick with 0.4. Is it possible for you to send
me the 0.4 revision number that you're using? This may save me some time finding a working
revision. My current workflow requirements are pretty basic so I'm hoping I can use the same
revision as you.

Kind regards,
Tom.

Sent from my iPhone

On 03 May 2012, at 7:03 PM, Sheryl John <sheryljj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> No problem!
>
> At CHLA we use a previous version of the trunk that has most of the functionalities(-getMet
-id throws an error). And on my machine I use the 0.3 version.

> HTH!
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Thomas Bennett <lmzxq.tom@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Sheryl,
>
> Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
>
> Just to check - when you mean previous version do you mean 0.3, or a revision of trunk?
>
> Regards,
> Tom.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 03 May 2012, at 4:29 PM, Sheryl John <sheryljj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> Yep, I got the similar results when I used the latest trunk.
>> I checked the source code and saw that Chris is in the process of porting wengine
to the trunk and I confirmed it with him.
>> I should have posted this on the list to avoid others having to face the same issue.
I'm using the previous version for now.

>> Thanks,
>> Sheryl
>>
>> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Thomas Bennett <lmzxq.tom@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get a workflow manager up and running, but I'm getting some strange
behavior. I'm using trunk (i.e. 0.4)

>> Via the workflow manager I run:
>> --operation --sendEvent --eventName test
>> I get the following response:
>> Sending event 'test'... SUCCESS
>>
>> Then if I try to run:
>> --operation --getFirstPage
>>
>> I get a whole bunch of exceptions (they are pretty much the same). It seems to have
issues with date/time string.

>> java.text.ParseException: An exception occurred because the input date/time string
was null or under 24 characters in length.
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.commons.util.DateConvert.isoParse(DateConvert.java:166)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.WorkflowInstance.setCurrentTaskEndDateTimeIsoStr(WorkflowInstance.java:315)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.util.XmlRpcStructFactory.getWorkflowInstanceFromXmlRpc(XmlRpcStructFactory.java:152)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.util.XmlRpcStructFactory.getWorkflowInstancesFromXmlRpc(XmlRpcStructFactory.java:185)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.util.XmlRpcStructFactory.getWorkflowInstancePageFromXmlRpc(XmlRpcStructFactory.java:92)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.system.XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.getFirstPage(XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.java:131)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.cli.action.GetFirstPageCliAction.execute(GetFirstPageCliAction.java:47)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.cli.CmdLineUtility.execute(CmdLineUtility.java:331)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.cli.CmdLineUtility.run(CmdLineUtility.java:187)
>> 	at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.system.XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.main(XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient.java:678)
>> Page: [num=1,pageSize=20,totalPages=1]
>> Instance: [id=d1ec4137-9527-11e1-8f60-8b6b7ce46f58, status=QUEUED, currentTask=urn:oodt:HelloWorld,
workflow=testWorkflow, wallClockTime=1.4877, currentTaskWallClockTime=0.0]
>> Instance: [id=fc2575a0-9524-11e1-b394-ef09076ff7c1, status=QUEUED, currentTask=urn:oodt:HelloWorld,
workflow=testWorkflow, wallClockTime=21.78305, currentTaskWallClockTime=0.0]