oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bennett <lmzxq....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cas-crawler wierdness
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:49:35 GMT
Hey Brian,

> I've never see #1 problem... i have an ubuntu install at work and will see if i can reproduce
it

Thanks! I'll also take a close look and make sure there's no weirdness on my side. I build
the distribution on my MBP and deployed it on the Ubuntu machine - is it possible that there
is some wierdness between the java VM implementations?

> I've seen #2 before, i think it is a Spring thing and will look into it more (why are
you not using relative paths though?)

Thanks. I use abs paths because I launch the java processes from a "node manager" within an
iPython session + all my oodt configuration sits in our svn config deployment, so the configuration
is seperate from the executables, which is not ideal for relative paths.

> And #3, having the file names only are fine because <import> resource paths are
relative to the file they are specified.

Great.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Cheers,
Tom