oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Cayanan, Michael D (388J)" <michael.d.caya...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: PGE Question
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 23:43:17 GMT
Hi Sheryl,

So, I took your suggestion and put this piece of code together in a post success ingest crawler
action:

    String key = "L0b_Radar_Product_Filename";

    LOG.log(Level.INFO, "Workflow metadata keys: " + metadata.getAllKeys());

    Metadata productNameMet = new Metadata();

    productNameMet.addMetadata(key, product.getName());

      try {

        XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient wClient = new XmlRpcWorkflowManagerClient(

                new URL(metadata.getMetadata(CoreMetKeys.WORKFLOW_MANAGER_URL)));

        passFlag = wClient.updateMetadataForWorkflow(metadata.getMetadata(CoreMetKeys.WORKFLOW_INST_ID),
productNameMet);

        if (passFlag) {

          LOG.log(Level.INFO, "Updated workflow id '" + metadata.getMetadata(CoreMetKeys.WORKFLOW_INST_ID)
+ "' with metadata: " + productNameMet.getAllKeys());

          Metadata after = wClient.getWorkflowInstanceMetadata(metadata.getMetadata(CoreMetKeys.WORKFLOW_INST_ID));

          LOG.log(Level.INFO, "Metadata after update: " + after.getAllKeys());

I was hoping that this would update my workflow metadata, however it doesn't appear to be
working. I'm seeing this in my logs:

INFO: Workflow metadata keys: [FileLocation, TemporalRange~RangeEndingTime, ProductPathGroup~FileVersionId,
StaticAncillaryFileGroup~L0b_Radar_MetDefFile, TemporalRange~RangeBeginningDate, WorkflowManagerUrl,
TaskId, Filename, InputFileGroup~InputFilePath, StaticAncillaryFileGroup~L0b_Radar_ProductConfig,
TemporalRange~RangeBeginningTime, WorkflowInstId, TemporalRange~RangeEndingDate, ProductType,
JobId, ProductName, StaticAncillaryFileGroup~L0b_Radar_InputConfig, L0a_Radar_Product_Filename,
ProcessingNode]
Mar 2, 2012 3:28:21 PM gov.nasa.smap.spdm.crawl.action.AddProductNameToWorkflowMetAction performAction
INFO: Updated workflow id '6333dd86-64bf-11e1-98c2-afe386bb7e05' with metadata: [L0b_Radar_Product_Filename]
Mar 2, 2012 3:28:22 PM gov.nasa.smap.spdm.crawl.action.AddProductNameToWorkflowMetAction performAction
INFO: Metadata after update: [L0b_Radar_Product_Filename]

Note that even getting the metadata via the workflow client API produces an odd result. It's
only returning the single metadata key that I wanted to add to the current metadata in the
workflow. Not sure why that is. In any case, when I look at the metadata in the task that
follows this PGE, I only see the metadata without the extra metadata key that I wished to
add.

It would seem like I'm doing this correctly, however I'm unsure if I'm missing something or
if this is a bug in the code.

-Mike