oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Cayanan, Michael D (388J)" <michael.d.caya...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject PGE Question
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 20:36:04 GMT
Hi,

In my PGE, I specify my output like the following:

<output>

           <dir path="[ProductLocation]" createBeforeExe="true">

              <files regExp="SMAP_L0B_RADAR_SPS.*\.h5" metFileWriterClass="[MetFileWriter]"
args="[ConfigMetoutFile]" />

              <files name="[PGETask_Name]_RunConfig_[ProductionDateTime].xml" metFileWriterClass="[MetFileWriter]"
args="[RunConfigMetoutFile]" />

   </dir>

</output>

After ingestion of this output product, I'd like to save the filename in my workflow metadata.
How would I do this?

I tried creating a PostIngestSuccess action, but found out that whatever metadata saving you
want to do on the "crawler" side doesn't get passed back to the workflow metadata.

I suppose I could update the workflow metadata by creating a PostIngestSuccess action and
using the workflow manager client API to do this. However, when I look at this class, I see
the following method,

updateMetadataForWorkflow(String workflowInstId, Metadata metadata)

where it requires the workflow instance ID as a parameter. Is there a way to capture the workflow
instance ID into the workflow metadata so that I can leverage this method to update my metadata?

Thanks,

Mike