oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Barkstrom <brbarkst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workflow Question
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:29:59 GMT
This question is a bit like asking the classic ftp software
when has the file finished transferring.  The answer seems to me
to be similar to the transaction protocols that produce
reliable ACID behavior.  Perhaps it could be one of those
cases that could be handled by carefully crafted exception
handlers: system timed out after [limit], transaction rolled
back with message to log, sender, and receiver.

Bruce B.