oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Foster <holeno...@me.com>
Subject Re: Question about xmlrpc
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:52:43 GMT
You have to be careful with the number you set that too because you are basically telling XML-RPC
that it is now allowed to create 2000 threads in the same JVM... not a good practice... I
don't remember the exact number but the JVM will crash if it creates a certain number of threads
because there is a limit to the number of threads one process can create and I believe this
is restricted at the operating system level... and i believe this number is less than 2000...
The trunk filemgr and wengine already have built-in client retry handling support and are
configurable via java properties (i.e. org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.xmlrpc.connection.retries
and o.a.o.c.filemger.system.connection.retry.interval.seconds and there are similar ones for
wengine)... The message you are seeing is XML-RPC server logging that it already using a 100
worker threads... you will see this message if you create a 100+ jobs in the RM (e.g. Workflow
Conditions and Tasks) and they all start talking to the workflow manager or file manger at
the same time... the client retry handlers will catch this error and just wait and retry again...
you shouldn't be loosing any data... the only inconvenience I guess is that message is cluttering
the logs

-Brian