oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Crichton, Daniel J (4231)" <daniel.j.crich...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Common Data Dictionary
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:05:58 GMT
Building a solid data architecture requires someone with extensive
experience.  The planetary science data architecture, for example, is an
international effort with many sub-disciplines.  Capturing data compliant
to that data architecture requires defining a solid, consensus-based model
and that takes time and it is a community effort. Other efforts aren't as
rigorous, so I think it depends on the application and use of OODT.  In
some cases, it may be a simple model.

Dan.