oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Davoodi, Faranak (388J)" <Faranak.Davo...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject mimetype specific actions for a crawler launcher
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 01:37:35 GMT
In OODT Crawlers, we usually have a launcher that has a series of actions defined in the action
bean. The actions could be run for any product specified in the mimetypes.xml in the launcher
script. However, we are not able to say an specific action to be done just for one specific
mimetype and not the others.  I am wondering if we can specify a mimetype as an argument in
our actions that let the crawler know to run that action just for that specific mimetype(s)
only. Of course as a solution what we do now is to specify the file extension or its regEx
pattern and try it in the java action first and if it was true, then we run that action.

Thanks,
Faranak