oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <paul.m.rami...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject OODT [RADiX] Update
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:09:35 GMT
Hi All,

Over the past few months Cameron and I have tried to make the RADiX vision a reality. Here's
a brief update on the work and a preliminary of what will be shown at ApacheCon 2011 http://www.slideshare.net/PaulRamirez9/apache-oodt-radix.
In addition, there is a Wiki that we have been using to collaborate on https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT;
this is a great place to start to understand RADiX and will likely be the basis for installation
documentation. As always volunteers are more than welcome. Feel free to use this list to provide
feedback to stuff on the Wiki.

Thanks,
Paul & Cameron

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: April 18, 2011 8:14:16 AM PDT
To: "dev@oodt.apache.org<mailto:dev@oodt.apache.org>" <dev@oodt.apache.org<mailto:dev@oodt.apache.org>>
Cc: oodt-dev <oodt-dev@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:oodt-dev@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Subject: RADiX for ApacheCon

Hey All,

Cameron and I are going to send in a proposal to talk about RADiX at Apache Con in November.
RADiX aims to be an easy distribution of OODT with components integrated out of the box. It
will provide a direction for both the source and deployment structure of OODT and allow one
to easily get from one to the other. Feel free to help out or provide input to this effort
at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT . We have an initial
goal of getting Crawler, FileMgr, and Workflow integrated by end of June and the rest of the
components by end of October. As always comments, suggestions, and commits are welcome.

As a side note, our Apache Con presentation will focus mostly on RADiX but it would be nice
to have a presentation that focused on OODT vocabulary and its paradigm to building data systems;
which would flow really well into our presentation.

Any others that want to help out in this Apache Con effort the submission deadline is Friday,
April 29th http://na11.apachecon.com/. We're hoping that we can build synergy with anyone
else that is going to submit a presentation proposal.

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez & Cameron Goodale