oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron Goodale <good...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting started
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:31:50 GMT
Thien,

Thanks for the feedback on the site.  Below is my take on OODT, and I am
sure others can chime in with maybe some publications you can read.  I hope
you find this helpful.

OODT is not a turnkey solution.  (Just wanted to get that out of the way,
since many people see OODT as a product and not a framework)

OODT is a framework for data management (this means ANY data, from Space to
Climate to Medical to Images can be archive and processed with OODT)

The power of OODT is the flexibility of the framework, but this also makes
it challenging to grasp and understand everything it can do.

The power of OODT is in the community of Devs and Users.  Chances are
someone else in the community has encountered the same challenge or a
similar one.

Keep the Questions and Comments coming.

-Cameron